Posted by Dairy2U Team on 3/18/2020 to Dairy2U Cookbook
Recipe & Photo source: allrecipes.com
- 16 oz elbow macaroni (or other tubular pasta), cooked
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (3 qty. of Lucky Linda Clothbound 1/3-lb. precut cheese will give you approx. 4 cups)
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs or dried bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Fold macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.